Thursday, September 23, 2010

Part 3: The Part Where it Rains Birdshit and Meteors

   I can't see the sky, so I can't be sure of the time, but I'm pretty sure Ms. Pigg is late. I'm not free during lunch hours, so we agreed to have a drink and some evening dinner, around 9, at Foo Foods. She likes Vietnamese. I like them alright too. But I'm not enjoying sitting alone in this restaurant as it pours outside.
   You see, people stare. And not always because I'm naked. More often they just look at my angel face . They don't usually seem like they like it. Whatever. A young woman in the corner is holding a baby. She's far, far too young to be holding a child. I daresay she looks even worse than I do. Is that egotistical of me? She's holding the future in her hands. She reminds me of my better half.
   We spend all of our lives searching for our better halves. We spend all of our lives losing them.
   Ms. Pigg is definitely late.
   The door opens, and it's raining even worse than I thought ("They say even God cries"). Ah, there's Ms. Pigg! Only fashionably late, I'm sure.
   Actually, she's naked. Well, I suppose that's a fashion statement. Hell, I know it is.
   I don't remember what we talked about or for how long, but it must've been fairly lively, because I remember talking to her. I got a little too drunk. A running theme in life. "A running excuse."
   When I get drunk, I become a gentleman. I held open the door for Ms. Pigg, tipped the waitress, and told the lady with the baby good luck. There's nothing more beautiful than a lady with a baby. I offer to walk Ms. Pigg home.
   On the way to Ms. Pigg's place, it's raining even worse than before. Even God cries. But not me. Not tonight. To make Ms. Pigg laugh, I spread my arms wide in a Jesus Christ pose. And with my arms wide open, with a sea of sewage and severed heads as my floor ... it starts raining pigeon shit. And I almost vomit. I must of looked quite funny, gagging while I'm simultaneously covered in shit and being cleansed.
   Just before I'm about to spew, the rain stops. Ms. Pigg taps me on the shoulder and points up. The sky is covered in shooting stars ("Make a wish and save me"), and pieces of rock showered around. After the cosmic fireworks end, I look at Ms. Pigg.
   We start laughing.
   We laughed a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Pigg was late to dinner with Leeroy because of the mass confusion at the bus accident. So after the dinner date, Ms. Pigg and Leeroy had a blast watching the meteor shower. The two of them sat on top of Ms. Pigg's sousa case and watched the show. After the show was over Ms. Pigg was feeling very sleepy from all the MSG that was loaded in the food at dinner. So after a long day Ms. Pigg and Leeroy each took there separate paths. Ms. Pigg told Leeroy that she would be in the lobby of watershed heights tommorow morning if they wanted to meet up again.

    ReplyDelete