Friday, March 18, 2011

Part 5: The Part Where Leeroy Meets Lucky the Dog

   My eyes open. The hay in front of me blurs, then clears. I'm awake and in the petting zoo and the carnival is outside blasting its false happiness.
   I really have to pee.
   Outside, bearded women and men with lobster hands invite themselves to a torture party as disgustingly normal people laugh at their strangeness. Beautiful.
   I really have to pee. And the peeing sound is only making it worse.
   Wait. The donkey's are outside right now. What's the peeing sound?
   It's a dog proudly peeing all over the donkey's food. Awesome. We look at each other, at odds with our respective simplicity, nakedness, and imperfection. You know, dogs are man's best friend for a reason. A dog will throw his arms around you, if that's what you need. Isn't that always what we need? For a while we sit, him peeing a river and me just watching. Eventually, he lowers his leg. An awkward pause. Then he turns and trots out the door. Everything I see is everything I lose. I could use a friend.
   Where's Ms. Pigg? I haven't talked to her in ages. Once she goes, she's gone. I need to find her. And find out who's leaving me messages. What is in here that I'm supposed to find? Goodness, I need to pee.
   I stand up, hop down from my hay, and pee in the donkey's food. Sorry, little dog, but this place is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment